You bet they do and here's why...
- 58% of consumers can recall a toll-free or local vanity number after hearing it just once in an advertisement! Examples: 875-CASH or 800-NEW-HOME.
- Hybrid numbers (those with combinations of numbers and words like 800-555-HOME) only draw 44% retention.
- Regular phone numbers with or without area codes like 877-2444 draw only an 8% retention rate!
- Furthermore consumers are 41% more likely to correctly recall a vanity number with an 800 exchange rather than from the other toll-free prefixes such as 888, 877 or 866.
- Need more help go to www.phonespell.org